Increasing your direct bookings has never been so easy
Enable guests to book wherever they are.
HiJiffy’s conversational booking assistant is available 24/7 across your communication channels to provide lightning-fast answers to guests’ queries.
Main advantages of HiJiffy's Hotel Chatbot
Quick to install and easy to use
The AI-powered solution is designed to streamline requests from the hotel’s communication channels to provide a better overview and coordination of all traveler’s demands.
Customise your communication
Make it yours. HiJiffy’s booking assistant adapts to your sales flow. Provide a simple yet sophisticated solution to enhance the guest’s journey. Personalise the image of your booking assistant to fit your brand.
Chatbots for Hotels: FAQs
A hotel chatbot is a conversational software specially designed for the hospitality industry to simulate a conversation with a human user, enabling hotels to communicate with their guests instantaneously and in a personalized way without compromising automation.
This type of automated messaging service allows hotels to have aonversation with their guests – helping them answer questions, guiding them to make a reservation, providing tips, etc.
In addition to the hotel website, a chatbot with advanced functionality integrates with different communication channels such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Line, Telegram, WeChat, and Google My Business, among others.
And unlike a live chat, which requires intervention by call center agents or the reception team, with a hotel booking chatbot the assistance is fully automated.
Implementing an automated conversational solution does not mean offering robotic conversations: specially developed for hospitality, HiJiffy’s AI-powered booking chatbot allows to communicate with guests in a personalized way, with a “human touch”.
No, definitely not. There are two main types of chatbots – rule-based chatbots and AI-based chatbots – that work in entirely different ways.
- Rule-Based Hotel Chatbots: A solution built on a principle of structured flows, usually portrayed as a decision tree. The chatbot will identify keywords to understand the guests’ queries and, based on those keywords, will ask the guests’ follow-up questions to come up with the correct solution.
This tree structure and answers are predefined, which gives more control over the conversation flow than an AI-based chatbot. On the other hand, it provides less flexibility in the interaction, making it more unnatural and restrictive.
- AI-powered Hotel Chatbots: AI-based conversational solutions are powered by NLP (Natural Language Processing), which means it interprets human language to understand the guests’ intent.
The great thing about AI technology is its constant learning process. The chatbot can learn from its own mistakes, so the more it interacts with guests, the better it understands their intent and improves its response.
Note: There are also hybrid chatbots, solutions that combine characteristics of both types.
The main advantages of implementing a hotel booking chatbot include:
- Increase sales: Chatbot for hotel booking offer immediate support to potential customers who visit your website: they answer their questions instantly and guide them through the booking process, which generates new sales opportunities and improves conversion rates.
- Improve customer service: Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, an AI chatbot for hotels respond quickly to each of the questions that users ask, eliminating tedious waiting in online conversations.
- Optimize operations: By automating customer service processes, chatbots allow you to save costs and reduce the time that customer service agents spend solving simple problems. Your hotel’s customer service staff can concentrate on tasks with greater added value, solving problems that require human intervention.
- Improve customer satisfaction: Chatbots for hotels respond to user questions with the answers you decide, instantly, and in several languages. In addition, they use machine learning to learn from past conversations and thus improve the quality of responses and user service.
- Improve data: Chatbots capture valuable data about users as they interact with them. They classify the data to find out the most common queries and understand what information they are looking for. By analyzing the results, you will be able to identify the most common problems or questions among users and take the necessary measures to solve them.
When choosing a hotel reservation chatbot, these are some of the features you should look for:
- Ability to perform availability and price searches in real-time
It is important that your chatbot is integrated with your central reservation system so that availability and price queries can be made in real-time. This will allow you to increase conversion rates and suggest alternative dates in case of unavailability, among other things.
HiJiffy’s solution is integrated with the most used hotel systems, ensuring a seamless experience for users when booking their vacation.
- Ability to customize questions and answers
The more information you can offer the user through your chatbot, the better service you will offer to your potential customers and the more likely they will solve any doubts for you and the user will end up making a reservation.
It should be noted that HiJiffy’s technology allows for a simple configuration process once the chatbot has been previously trained with the typical problems that most hotels face.
Chosen by over 1,600 hotels globally, the HiJiffy chatbot responds to millions of queries every year, which means that the Artificial Intelligence is already well developed and is capable of understanding an impressive number of different requests.
In addition, HiJiffy’s chatbot has advanced artificial intelligence that has the ability to learn from past conversations. This allows answer more and more doubts and questions, as users ask them.
- Ability to record, manage and analyze customer data.
A chatbot must record the history of conversations and queries, structure and order the information so that you can use it, analyze it, and detect areas of opportunity or doubts that have not been covered by the tool.
This will allow you to adapt elements such as the content of your website, your pricing policy, or the offers you make to the trends you identify in your users.
Thanks to an advanced Console, HiJiffy centralizes all communication channels and allows you to collect, organize, filter, and manage your guests’ data in compliance with GDPR regulations to better understand traveler trends, repetitive requests and be able to act with marketing tailored to the needs of your business.
- In addition to text, the ability to display visual elements, links, or PDFs to users.
In this way, you will have the flexibility to display more visual and impactful content to influence the user’s decision-making.
HiJiffy’s conversational app speeds up the time it takes to complete specific streams, increasing the chances of conversion by combining text-based messages with graphical elements.
Some of the essential elements that make HiJiffy’s solution so powerful are buttons (which can be combined with images), carousels, calendars, or customer satisfaction indicators for surveys.
- Multilingual system, capable of detecting the client’s navigation language.
Simple but effective, this will make the chatbot hotel booking more accessible to the user, which will improve their experience and perception of the service received.
HiJiffy’s chatbot communicates in more than 100 languages, ensuring efficient communication with guests from all over the world.
- “Click to Call” functionality
If the chatbot does not find an answer, returning the call allows the user to contact a person from your hotel to resolve more complex questions.
This functionality, also included in HiJiffy’s solution, will allow you to collect user contact data for later use in commercial or marketing actions.
- Ability to measure KPIs of the chatbot
Knowing the main metrics will allow you to evaluate the performance of the solution.
The most common metrics that you will be interested in knowing are: the average duration of queries, frequently asked questions, markets or languages most used in the communication flow, the conversion ratio of conversations into reservations, and the average value of reservations, among other things.
With the HiJiffy Console, it’s easy to analyze solution performance – on an individual property or even manage multiple properties – to better understand how to optimize hotel processes.
If the chatbot is already pre-trained with typical problems that most hotels face, then the setup process can be significantly reduced because answers can be populated with data from a pre-settled knowledge base. This factor is known as “network effects”.
Every time HiJiffy’s conversational AI chatbot learns how to answer a new request after an interaction with a guest of a particular hotel, the improved ability and knowledge become available to all HiJiffy clients using the technology. Basically, “network effects” means that the chatbot becomes smarter the more it’s being used, as additional information is added.
HiJiffy has been working with +1.600 hotels, answering millions of queries every year, which means the chatbot is already super developed and capable of understanding an impressive number of different requests, making the implementation smooth and straightforward for all hoteliers.
How would it look like for you?
Let us show you.