Hotel Online Booking Assistant
Increasing your direct bookings has never been so easy
Enable guests to book wherever they are.
HiJiffy’s conversational booking assistant is available 24/7 across your communication channels to provide lightning-fast answers to guests’ queries.
Main advantages of HiJiffy's Online Booking Assistant for Hospitality
The AI-powered solution is designed to streamline requests from the hotel’s communication channels, including the most popular social media channels (e.g., Facebook Messenger, Instagram) and instant messaging apps (e.g., WhatsApp, Line, Telegram, WeChat) to provide a better overview and monitoring of guests’ enquiries.
Quick to install and easy to use
Customise your communication
Make it yours. HiJiffy’s Booking Assistant adapts to your sales flow. Provide a simple yet sophisticated solution to enhance the guest’s journey. Personalise the image of your Booking Assistant to fit your guidelines and provide a seamless brand experience.
How would it look like for you?
Let us show you.
Digital Booking Assistant Features
AI agent for FAQs and direct bookings
AI virtual assistant guiding users through the booking process and providing answers to FAQs, saving time and reducing workload
Behavioural marketing campaigns
Push personalised messages according to specific pages on the website and interactions in the user journey.
Smooth handover to human agents
A seamless transfer of the conversation to staff if requested by the user or if the chatbot cannot resolve the query automatically.
Request a quote
Travellers can request a personalised quote for their stay.
Customise the chatbot interface accordingly to your hotel’s brand guidelines.
Email to chatbot automation
Automate your email inbox with canned responses directing users to the chatbot to resolve user queries instantly.
Click to call
Provide an option to call a human agent directly from the chat if a guest’s request cannot be solved automatically.
Activate the possibility to display the price comparison range of your rooms across various platforms.
Streamlined inbox for all your channels
Centralise and manage conversations across your channels: website chat, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Google My Business, Line, Telegram, WeChat, Booking.com, WhatsApp, SMS and email.
AI specialised in hospitality FAQs
Over 200 hospitality-specific FAQ topics available for hotels to train the chatbot, and the possibility of adding custom FAQs according to your needs.
CSAT score metrics
Collect and access users’ feedback to evaluate the performance of the chatbot and individual human agents.
Customised automated workflows
Customise workflows that are triggered throughout the booking process.
Online Booking Assistant for Hotels: FAQs
There are four main website formats to display the hotel’s Booking Assistant: widget, landing page, pop-up and website embed.
- Widget: Widgets are probably the most popular format. Widgets usually have the shape of a bubble with a chat icon on the bottom corner of a website. They can be static and start interacting with the guest only after they click on the widget, or dynamic if the Booking Assistant starts the conversation with a first message notification appearing next to the bubble.
- Landing Page: It can also be displayed as a standalone landing page, which means the Booking Assistant takes up the entire page. This type of format can be especially useful in marketing, as it removes all distractions, allowing users to focus on the conversation. In this format, conversion rates can increase up to four times.
- Pop-Up: Pop-up formats are less common in the hospitality industry but still powerful if applied to the right use cases, namely promotions or sign-up messages. Like the classic form pop-up/banner, it can be launched using three different approaches: a) clicking a button, b) time on the page, c) scrolling to a section. Unlike buttons or online forms, pop-up solutions start a conversation directly, creating a more interactive experience.
- Website Embed: These allow for seamlessly embedding the Booking Assistant in any part of the website. Website embedding provides an elegant solution when combining classic UI with a conversational experience.
HiJiffy’s Booking Assistant solution can deliver both speed and personalisation using the most popular and convenient interface – the messaging interface.
Whether on the web or an app, messaging is inherently personal, informal and instantaneous. Consequently, by using HiJiffy’s Booking Assistant app, hoteliers can adopt a warm and friendly way of communication without sounding forced and out of place as well as provide fast support to their guests.
By providing customers with what they need without skyrocketing labour costs and putting a strain on resources, HiJiffy’s solution can help unlock a new level of customer service, one that is able to keep up with the growing expectations of the client base.
Combining text-based messaging with graphic elements, HiJiffy’s online reservation assistant speeds up the time it takes to complete specific flows, thus increasing the chances of conversion.
Here are some of the key elements that make our solution so powerful:
- Buttons: Buttons are one of our conversational app’s most common graphic elements. They help structure the conversational UI and guide the user to specific options quicker. Using buttons also saves the time users would have to spend typing.
- Buttons combined with images: Combine buttons with images for a more visually appealing experience.
- Carousels: Another popular element in a conversational app is the carousel. Carousels are incredibly versatile and showcase choices in the form of circulating images with text descriptions and buttons. They can be used in a number of ways but are particularly great for product promotion.
- CSAT: Enabling measuring the CSAT score is incredibly useful when we need to collect customer feedback and evaluate the performance of the online reservations assistant. It is done in a quick and easy way for the customer and has the structure of a classic survey.
- Calendar: The calendar is an essential element in the conversational app as it makes the booking process significantly easier. Showing the calendar helps show the weekdays and weekends, and which days are available without dragging on the conversation. Ultimately it ensures the user submits the date in the correct format.
HiJiffy’s insights show that hotels that implemented our online Booking Assistant are able to successfully resolve over 80% of guest queries with automation powered by conversational AI. All guest communications across the most popular channels (like Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Line, Telegram, WhatsApp, WeChat, and more) are streamlined in one place for a clear overview, monitoring, and generating actionable insights suggesting optimisation opportunities.
Some of the success stories shared by our clients include generating €5M in direct bookings guided by an online reservation assistant, solving 90% of the online queries in less than 7 minutes with HiJiffy’s automated chatbot, or reducing incoming calls by 70% while increasing direct room bookings & table reservations.
Many other reasons could be added to the list, making hotel chatbots a mandatory solution on the top of the agenda of every hotelier in 2023.
Digitalisation of many everyday processes has gotten guests more willing and keen to embrace AI-powered solutions in other areas, also when travelling. In fact, a hospitality industry survey run by Oracle in 2022 reported that since the pandemic, as many as 65% of travellers would choose hotels that use technology to limit the interaction needed with hotel staff. The same research shows that 36% of hotel guests would happily embrace a fully contactless digital service.
In other words, online booking assistant for hotels is a much welcome convenience for guests interested in booking their stay at your hotel.
“Adopting innovative technological and digital solutions to improve daily operations (…)” is one of the key recommendations made by the World Travel & Tourism Council and European Travel Commission (2022) for the governments and private sector to address 1.2 million staff shortages in the industry.
AI-powered hotel technology like HiJiffy’s Booking Assistant supports your reservations team and front-desk staff by automating answering the most common guest queries, reducing the volume of repetitive workload. With several years of training in hospitality, HiJiffy’s solution, on average, can successfully answer over 80% of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) without staff intervention, as well as guide prospective guests through the booking process online.
The solution can be enabled on the website and the guests’ favourite social media channels (like Facebook Messenger or Instagram) and instant messaging apps (WhatsApp, WeChat, Telegram, Line, and more) 24/7 and run immediate translation in over 130 languages improving guest satisfaction.